Rachel Comey slim legion jeans
R13 sweater| a year old
Vince Warren sneakers | many colors on sale!
Uniqlo heattech socks 🙂 | I should have been wearing my SmartWool socks….
A few observations about this outfit/today:
- You already know this, but I really dislike wearing socks. One BIG reason is that THEY NEVER STAY PUT in my shoes. WHY is that??
- I know this sweater would look better with slimmer jeans/pants, like the ones I was wearing yesterday, but who cares.
- Anyway, this sweater is so huge on me and sort of long, since I’m short. But it’s cold out, and it’s really warm and cozy.
- As much as I hate socks, I don’t mind how they look with sneakers and cropped jeans. Surprise surprise.
- following my post yesterday on my impending mid-life crisis (which is real FYI), I decided to try in earnest to carry less stuff. I’m still carrying my Transience bag for now, but I’ve taken out a lot of things I thought I couldn’t manage without (like 3 lip balms, a massage ball for my hips, and a box of UTI pain peds – random). I’m seeking out a small crossbody bag as we speak, and I may spring for one in a color, although let’s not get crazy…
I actually really like the wide legs with the big sweater! It’s the IDGAF look. Big fan 😀 Oftentimes I think the looks we don’t think look “good” are just the ones we aren’t used to yet. People used to lose their shit over how dumb skinny jeans looked, but now we all wear them.
I HATE wearing socks as well. It has been so cold here that I have made a few exceptions, but usually go without!
Grechen Reiter says
I usually don’t wear them either but today I thought I’d try. We’ll see how long I last before taking them off lol
Such strong feelings about socks lol. I hate when they slide too so once I find a good pair I buy multiples. I like this outfit on you. I personally like a big oversized sweater. I find I can do cropped or long, it is the hip length in between that I struggle with.
Glad you are healing well!
Grechen Reiter says
that’s true actually, now that i think about it – about the sweater lengths…this is a good length for me, i just struggle with what pants to wear usually, because i don’t have a lot of slim options.
All of my pants seem to be ankle-length right now, so I’ve just embraced the look and wear socks and loafers when it’s cold. I also have problems with socks sliding when they are too thin, but wearing thicker socks seems to help.
I really love this look, Grechen. When I go to pick up my boys from school, I feel a little weird in my high water pants and socks, but not weird enough not to wear them, LOL. 🙂
*sigh* it’s 76 degrees today and I would rather be dressed like you! On the upside of my satirical discontent, setting up the grill and watching the eagles hunt for dinner!
Satorial . Argh! Auto correct always goes in a different direction then intended!
Big sweaters like that are the best. I had a brown one I called my BUBS (Big Ugly Brown Sweater). I bought it at a thrift store and wore it until it got to be too beaten up to wear in public and then I always wore it indoors and even safety-pinned the hem together at the shoulder because it was falling apart. I think I had it for 12 years and eventually the holes got to be too big so I put BUBS to rest 🙂
Socks. Smartwool. Their hidden ones as well as their other lengths. It’s all I own now and as long as I buy the correct size not an issue.