This is what I was wearing on Monday until I spilled SO MUCH almond butter all over my jeans. It was such a freak accident; I was shaking up the almond butter and didn’t realize the top was loose. Ugh. Anyway, I washed these once, and didn’t think to treat the stain because I thought it would come out just with detergent. It didn’t. So I treated it with The Laundress Stain Solution and washed again (hung to dry), so now they should be ready to wear again.
I promised more information on them after I posted on Monday initially so here goes:
- I originally tried on the size 6 and thought they fit well, but were maybe a bit big in the leg. Then I tried on the 8 petite, because traditionally in Eileen Fisher, I go up a size in petites, but they were too small and the rise too short. The 10 petite was ridiculously large, like two or three sizes larger than the 8 petite, so honestly I think that was a fluke in the sizing on that pair. Then I tried the size 4 regular length and that’s what I settled on because I knew they’d give a little with wear, and I was comfortable in them. If I’m wearing a tight shirt I do get a little muffin-top over the waistband though, until they stretch out.
- The rise is actually a mid-rise (on the size 4, the rise is 9″), although it feels low to me (probably because I’ve been wearing high-rise lately). They hit about an inch below my belly button. After wearing high-waist jeans, I know that mid-low rise jeans are better on my body type because they just hang/fit better over my hips and small waist. I still love my Rachel Comey jeans, but these are more comfortable for sitting because of the lower rise; the rise on the RC jeans is 13″!!!
- I like the length on me, but it’s taking everything I have NOT to cut them a little shorter. I know…I don’t need to do that, but it’s just ingrained in me that I MUST show a teeny bit more ankle when I wear pants.
- I still prefer 100% cotton, but you can’t deny how soft 98/2 denim is. I had forgotten…
- I meant to get a better picture of the back, but didn’t – anyway, what is most impressive about these jeans is how well they fit in the back at the waistband. There’s just the teeniest gap when I sit down, but they come up high enough that there’s no danger of flashing anyone anything I don’t want them to see. Anyway, I would never wear a shirt THAT short with these jeans LOL
My recommendation still stands that you should try these on in person if you have a store nearby, but otherwise, maybe order a couple of sizes online if you can do that. I think it’s worth trying multiple sizes until you find the one that fits correctly. Honestly, I think that’s the best way to shop for any clothes, but when you shop online most of the time, it’s really tough to do that…
I’ll continue to provide feedback on these as I wear them, and I plan on wearing them a lot while it’s still relatively cool.
FYI, my measurements are 34″ bust, 28.5″ waist, and 39″ hip. I usually like a 26″ inseam for pants.