(photoshoot from last year – and having a little “fun” with my style LOL)
Just because…and some things I struggle with and that I’d like to continue to “work” on for next year:
- I’d like to just GET DRESSED sometimes, and not over-analyze every.single.thing.all.the.time. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME – I get so frustrated over-thinking every outfit all the time. I don’t want to do it anymore. But the problem is that I am not the kind of person who CAN just get dressed: just “throw” something on and go, or stay in my “home” or “workout” clothes. What I can do, is continue to make sure that everything in my wardrobe goes together and fits, and try to be less hard on myself.
- My large calves and smaller waist make finding jeans/pants really difficult. REALLY. I’d like to stop trying to force myself into skinny or straight jeans and embrace the wider leg. And be okay with the fact that jeans are NOT going to look on me like they look on others.
- Balancing my slouchy, unstructured side with my more edgy, black, “hard” and structured side (like Elizabeth Suzann/No6 vs. Alexander Wang/Freda Salvador).
- Understanding that I can admire and love looks/styles on others without having to try and force those looks to work on ME
- Hiding myself; I’d like to try and be more comfortable “out in the open” as it were…not wearing longer jackets/cardigans all the time for fear that someone will notice that I have saddlebags.
- HAVE MORE FUN with my clothes. I don’t really know how to do that though, because every time I buy something I perceive as “fun” (Rachel Comey Mars Mules in gold. Ahem.), I don’t wear them.
What are your style struggles?