The Reformation surplus leather jacket | size small (I bought it over the summer on sale)
6397 Shorty jeans
James Perse casual tee
Chan Luu scarf (via credits at Garmentory*)
Vince Blair sneakers (mine are the oldest, platform style in haircalf)
So…yesterday it was “nicer” out (low 60’s, sun shining sometimes) and I decided to try out my Reformation leather jacket. I bought it months ago during their summer sale for a relative steal. I wasn’t going to buy a “new” leather jacket, but wanted one, so I jumped on this one made of surplus leather. I love to buy from The Reformation because the company is more sustainable, ethical & eco-friendly than most, but their styles definitely skew “young.”
My thoughts on the jacket/outfit:
- Leather is not very warm. I was okay, because this Chan Luu scarf is crazy warm and lightweight, an amazing combination, but I’d have been more comfortable if it was 65-70 degrees and the sun was out.
- The leather stretched a little with wear, but I am not able to comfortably wear a long sleeve tee or heavier sweater with this jacket. I knew that when I bought the small, that it would be rather snug, but more importantly than being able to layer it, I wanted the jacket to be the right length on me – perfectly cropped – which it is.
- No, I can’t zip it up.
- It came with a belt, but I removed it because it just flaps around aimlessly, but I wonder if it looks funny without it…
- I mostly love this jacket with my James Perse dresses/skirts and something more fitted on the bottom, but it’s been too cold to wear it like that.
- I was comfortable, generally, and liked the look overall, so I think I will keep the jacket and try to wear it more.
A leather jacket is another one of those things I always love/admire on others, but have never really thought I could pull off very well. I had a Veda leather jacket years ago, and I did wear it (I loved it), but it should have been much shorter on me – the length makes SUCH A BIG Difference on my body type, so I sold it. Then, last year at a Nordstrom event I saw a woman wearing a slim black dress, a cropped leather moto jacket and Freda Salvador oxfords and I became OBSESSED again with finding a good cropped leather jacket. Et Voila!
Do you have a leather jacket? When/how do you wear it?
*use my referral link at Garmentory and receive a $20 account credit when you sign up