Everlane Cropped cashmere sweater | size small, purchased with credits from Everlane
Raquel Allegra skirt
Robert Clergerie Nalo loafers | 30% off at La Garconne, 20% off at Totokaelo
Kristen Elspeth necklace
Last but not least. Or maybe it is least; this is probably my least favorite outfit with the cropped cashmere sweater, but I wanted to try it. I also wanted to make myself wear this Raquel Allegra skirt that I haven’t worn much.
In conclusion – after a week of wearing this Everlane cropped cashmere sweater:
- When I first put it on, I felt like I’d finally found the cropped sweater I’d been looking for. The sleeves are long on me, but otherwise, the sweater fits like I wanted it to: close to my body and CROPPED. Of course, the more I thought about it, the more I second-guessed it.
- I generally prefer a more slouchy silhouette, more drape, and more coverage. But I’m trying lately to embrace my shape and not cover up my body as much as WANT to. Enter the cropped sweater. I have worn it every way I’ve shown you, and I like them all. They have all been somewhat out of my comfort zone, and probably look very different for me, but I always learn new things trying something different. This week I learned that I am beautiful and interesting no matter what I wear. And, that I really love experimenting with clothes 🙂
- It’s very hard for me to find anything that is truly cropped on me. I have had sweaters that are supposed to be “cropped” and aren’t. Same with jeans, pants, anything. I have been searching for a nice drapey cropped sweater for years. So…
- I will NEVER find the PERFECT cropped sweater for me. If I find one with great drape, it’ll be too long on me, if I find one that’s truly cropped, it won’t have great drape (= this Everlane cropped sweater)
- There is nothing wrong with good enough. Especially if it fits within one’s budget. This sweater is better than good enough, it is very good, and it is priced well for cashmere. I need to try the medium, just to be sure about sizing, but I don’t think I’m settling with this sweater. As I’ve said before, I’ve tried enough sweaters to know how difficult it is to find THE PERFECT one. Because it doesn’t exist.
- I need to better at trying more sizes. I did that with the Black Crane long quilted dress, and I should do that here, with this sweater. I will try the size medium and see what the difference in fit is. Maybe it will be ever so slightly more drapey and not look too big or loose it’s shape. Maybe not. I won’t know unless I try.
Happy Friday, hope you have an amazing and beautiful weekend!!