(yes, that’s my bra)
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve already seen some of these pictures and read some of my comments about the Elizabeth Suzann Clyde jumpsuit, if not, please proceed 🙂
I got these on Friday last week and of course, put them on IMMEDIATELY. I ordered the medium, black, and I really love them. But.
- They (it? – I have no idea what tense “jumpsuit” is??) did stretch quite a bit with wear. I was concerned about that at first, because the shoulders sort of pulled down a little as I moved, and sitting down was near impossible without a lot of adjustment. I wore them all day on Sunday (with my Zady alpaca sweater) and after an hour or so, the jumpsuit was stretched enough to be completely comfortable, and best of all, I could just plop down on the couch or in a chair without worrying about yanking my shoulders down.
- Now, though, I wonder if it’s TOO stretched. Although I wouldn’t have wanted to size down, I don’t think. The legs/bottom fit me fine, it’s just that around my belly/chest, it’s a bit big. Then again, the style keeps it from looking too big, I think, interestingly enough, so it works
- The area right under my arms, where I’m supposed to have boobs to fill it in, bothers me. On many things, I’ve gotten that area taken in a little, to slim it down, but I’m not sure whether to do that here; it would make it more difficult to layer over sweaters, and I don’t want it to be “tight” at all up top.
- I worry that I’m too old for a jumpsuit. Not really, but sort of? It is very “youthful” and fun. Is that me?? lol – I might be too serious for a jumpsuit.
- The cotton canvas is a really nice weight, not too stiff, but not too slouchy, but also not appropriate for really hot weather. So this is absolutely not summer appropriate. I don’t know what material she’ll use if she decides to add this to the “permanent” collection, but I think it would be nice in raw silk. Maybe not linen, because linen stretches SO MUCH, I think it will look too messy.
- It is a DOG HAIR MAGNET. And not just dog hair, everything else that could possibly get on it, is. I did everything in the jumpsuit on Sunday, including rolling around with Dagny on the floor and bed, and taking her out, so I’ve got all sorts of hair and lint all over it.
In conclusion: I LOVE it. I have really only worn it at home since I got it, but I’m not averse to wearing it out, after a lot of brushing/lint rolling. I think it’s really fun, and comfortable, now that it’s stretched, and I can see myself wearing it in every season but summer. Anyway, I think I prefer it with a sweater or something layered underneath; it makes it a little more mature?
Did anyone else order one of these? What did you get from the sample sale? What do you have your eye on at Elizabeth Suzann?
I think I’d like a harper long sleeve tunic in black, raw silk, since I love the harper styles so much. And maybe a Georgia midi dress in linen?