1 Kindle paperwhite & Kindle book gifts | $118 (with special offers, $139 without)
2 Gilligan & O’malley sleep shirt | $19 at Target
3 Capri Blue candle | range of prices at Anthropologie (volcano is my favorite scent)
4 James Perse casual t-shirt | $50
5 Smoothie Straws | $4.95 at Crate & Barrel
7 The gift of Pure Barre
Same as my first “Not a Gift Guide” these are just a few more of my favorite things, items that enrich my life every day, that could make great gifts for a loved one, or yourself. Also check out my “good” gift guide featuring my favorite items from Zady.com with 15% off if you’re still in the market.
- Kindle paperwhite & Kindle book gifts | $118 (with special offers, $139 without) – I’ve been a Kindle convert for several years now, and I truly couldn’t manage without it anymore. Below, I’ve included some of my favorite books I read this year, but just now I’m finishing up The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I have to say that although it was very slow going, and quite tedious at first – and by “at first” I probably mean as much as the first half of the book(!), I’m fully into it by now, and have a hard time putting it down. I have never read any of her other stuff, although I did see eat, pray, love, and I’ve watched her on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday and appreciate her message very much. This book is her answer to the quest for a female hero, I think, and an excellent one.
- Gilligan & O’malley sleep shirt | $19 at Target – LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I’ve only just bought it, but it’s SO SOFT and comfy, fits beautifully, and seems much more expensive than it is. I have NOT washed/dried it yet, so I’m not sure how it will hold up though.
- Capri Blue candle | range of prices at Anthropologie (volcano is my favorite scent) – I have a very hard time spending money on candles lately, so I’m eeking out every last bit of wax from one of these I’ve had for years. But hands down, the Volcano version of this is my absolute favorite scent EVER, and I do love the glass vessel.
- James Perse casual t-shirt | $50 – only the best t-shirt ever. I have tried every t-shirt ever made, I promise, and the casual t-shirt is MY favorite t-shirt; the neckline, the sleeves, the length – I’ve never found any other t-shirt that fits so perfectly on my body. Well worth the price in my opinion.
- Smoothie Straws | $4.95 at Crate & Barrel – uh, how did I live without these for so long? When my dad and step-mom were here for my birthday we were wandering through Crate & Barrel and my step-mom picked these up for me. I wasn’t convinced I needed them until I used one the next morning on my spinach smoothie. Hallelujah! No more green lips/teeth/mouth 😉 I don’t know a smoothie drinker who wouldn’t appreciate these…
- Nutribullet | should be about $79 at Amazon – I got mine at Costco for $79. I had to replace my traditional blender a couple months ago and couldn’t afford the Vitamix right now and kept seeing this one at Costco and thought I’d give it a try. And now, I’m not sure I’d ever want to go back to a traditional blender. I love that I can drink out of the plastic cup, it’s super-easy to clean, and quick to use.
In the beginning, it did sort of limit the amount of spinach I could fit in it, but instead, I just add two GIGANTIC, overflowing handfulls at the beginning, blend some, and then add another. Perfect! I use it every day, and have never had an issue with it at all (some complaints on line say that it leaks, but I think if you keep the liquid within the “max” line, you should be fine).
My smoothie recipe if you’re interested:
At least one bag of organic baby spinach, more if you can handle it
1 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
1 TB chia seeds
1 TB hemp oil, or coconut oil with MCT
half a frozen banana
- The gift of Pure Barre – It’s no secret that I’m a Pure Barre fanatic; in the 2.5 years I’ve been doing it, my body has changed more than I ever thought it could. Most of the time, still, I don’t recognize myself in the mirror – it’s that big. If you know someone who is looking for a new workout and is open to a challenge, you could get them a one-month unlimited class pass ($100) for their local Pure Barre studio. They also have DVDs and podcasts available for purchase, but honestly, I think most of the experience is going to a studio…
More things & books I loved this year:
What have you loved this year you’d give as a gift? Any more book recommendations?