Let’s keep it light today, shall we?? 😉
What are some of your favorite things lately?
- Apple Airpods – my dad gave these to me for my birthday last year, and at first, I wasn’t sure about them, if I would use them much (I don’t talk on the phone a lot) or whatever, but they have really turned out to be indispensable. I usually only put the right one in and I love that they are hidden by my hair. The sound quality is good, but when I fly I still use my Bose noise cancelling earphones (in ear – I can’t wear over the ear headphones because of my glasses) for music, but at home I’ll use them to listen to a podcast or something while I’m working a puzzle. These were game changers for me; I don’t hold my phone to my head ever anymore, and no cords 🙂 Oh, and I used them in Denver last November; they’re perfect for getting walking directions from Google Map!
- Waterloo sparkling water – far superior to la croix IMO. It’s not available very many places (it’s from Austin), but here in Texas we can get it at Whole Foods, although the black cherry flavor is sold out all the time, and it is THE BEST FLAVOR.
- Sweet Red Grass-fed cheddar cheese, Mary’s Gone Crackers & Castelvetrano olives with a small glass of red wine 🙂 – I usually measure out appropriate servings of each and have this for dinner or an appetizer before. It acts as sort of a “transition” to a more relaxing part of the day. Sometimes I’ll work while I’m “eating,” but it’s always busy work or something that doesn’t require a lot of thought. Or I’ll do a crossword puzzle. Or I’ll read.
- Indie Lee brightening cleanser – I tried this a while ago and am now on my third bottle. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but even when I do wear some, this removes every trace easily, which is the most important quality I expect from a cleanser. And also that it doesn’t make my skin feel dry afterwards. It lasts forever. I REALLY appreciate products that just WORK.
- Melissa X Baja East beach slides (lots more Melissa shoes…)- these just make me happy. I’m not exactly sure why? they’re easy, and I like the subtle grey print. I wear them mostly at home, and they’re wonderful for going back and forth outside, also I don’t worry about getting them wet while doing dishes or cooking (I splash a lot…). Also, they have some weight, which I appreciate – they’re not so light I can’t tell I’m wearing them, but not so heavy they’re hard to walk in.