Here you go…it’s five questions time! And since it’s summer, let’s talk shaving. Ugh.
- What on your body do you shave? How often?
- What are your favorite products to use while shaving and/or after shaving?
- Have you ever considered permanent hair removal?
- What other hair removal processes do you engage in?
- If you shave, why do you shave? If not, why not?
- I shave my face about every week. I shave under my arms every day, I shave my legs every couple of days – or every day if I’m wearing dresses/skirts; I hate hate hate stubble. I shave my nether region also, but not very often 😉 I also have random hair OTHER places I shave when I think about it, including my toes and the top of my foot. Yeah, I shave my toes…
- I use these shavers for my face, only about twice before I throw them away, and follow up with a soothing layer of Shiva Rose Glow balm (I’ve repurchased this 3-4 times and it lasts forever). I shave my face dry, after I’ve cleaned it well and applied witch hazel and let it dry. I use barbasol shaving cream for my legs, because it’s cheap, and it works. I’d love to use a more “natural” shave cream, but don’t want to spend the money on it, to be honest. I use regular Gillette razors with replaceable blades, and HATE HOW EXPENSIVE THEY ARE. Has anyone used any of the cheaper razors out there? What has your experience been?
- No, I’ve never considered this. It’s just not something I want to spend money on. Sure, it would be convenient, and I guess if I had lots more disposable income I’d do it, but it’s definitely not a priority.
- Nothing – I’ve considered waxing for my bikini area, but have never done it. First, I don’t want anyone down THERE, and second, I know it will be painful. I used to do threading for my eyebrows and upper lip when I lived in Atlanta, and loved it, but now that I’m shaving my face, I’ll never go back to anything else.
- I guess I shave because it’s expected? If I’d grown up surrounded by women who didn’t shave, and images of women with visible hair on their bodies, it might be different, but that’s not how I grew up. I started shaving as soon as I was allowed (I don’t remember when that was exactly, maybe 12-13?) and have done ever since. I go for quite a while not shaving my legs in winter if I’m wearing pants all the time, but I can only go so far; I don’t like the feel of too much hair on my legs. I shave under my arms every day that I’m going to Pure Barre after (which is pretty much every day), but will take a day off here and there. I just don’t like the look of hair under my arms, or anywhere it “shouldn’t” be. I know that’s subjective, and I respect people who don’t want to shave, but I am very particular about it for me. I appreciate that there’s a fine line between “socially acceptable” and just being you, hair and all, but I will admit, it’s still rather shocking to me to see women with hair on their legs or under their arms. No judgement, it’s just not for me.