- How do you feel about being at home alone?
- What do you do differently around the house when no one else is around and won’t be for a while? Like when your partner/kids are out of town overnight?
- What do you eat when you’re eating by yourself? Do you cook a meal for yourself?
- Do you get scared at home alone?
- What’s your favorite part of being alone at home?
My answers :
- I LOVE TO BE ALONE. But I don’t want to BE alone. Ah, the contradiction that is my life LOL. I feel most “myself” when I’m home alone, and I like to be out alone, but also around people, for a little while, then I get overwhelmed and need to be truly alone again. When Leo’s out of town, being home feels a little like a staycation. Not that I’m unhappy or uncomfortable when he’s home, it just feels different for me knowing that I’m alone and will be for x amount of time. That probably doesn’t make much sense, but it’s the best I can explain. I love to be alone at home for a couple of days, after that, I get lonely, but one thing I do know, is that absence makes the heart grow fonder 😉
- Possibly TMI, but when I use the bathroom I leave the door open 😉 I just can’t be bothered to close it. I would NEVER DO THAT with anyone else around, or if there’s a chance someone would come home LOL.
- Oh, I love to snack for dinner if I can. Last night, I ate popcorn and red peppers, then an apple. When I was drinking wine, I would have wine, cheese, crackers and olives. HEAVEN. I’m not necessarily opposed to cooking a “meal” just for myself – I do that a lot even when Leo is home because we eat different things – but when he’s out of town I feel like I can be a little “indulgent.”
- Never. I have Dagny to “alert” me should there be any strange noises, and hopefully her barking would dissuade anyone from trying to enter the house, but in general, I feel very safe at home, and in our neighborhood. I’ve never been one to be jumpy or fearful anyway; I’m one of those characters in a horror movie you yell at when they go and explore the strange noise LOL
- How completely QUIET it is. I listen to NPR in my office while I’m working, but otherwise, I don’t like background noise (music LOL) or tv noise unless I’m actually watching something.