I’m still working on answering your AMA questions one by one (yesterday’s post was sort of an answer to afrome’s question:
how is the clothes inventory going since you created it last year? do you still reference it and has it provided you with any big takeaways? do you have an ideal number or range that works for your lifestyle?
But because it’s the season for giving, I wanted to ask you:
- Do you celebrate a gift-giving holiday? If so, do you generally exchange gifts with family/friends?
- What gifts are you giving this year?
- In your opinion, what is the best gift you have EVER given? To whom?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- What are you hoping to RECEIVE this year? 😉
- It’s complicated. I converted to Judaism before I married my ex husband in 2000 but before that, my family and I celebrated Christmas. I felt more connected to Judaism than I ever did Christianity, but I have always had trouble with religion, and now consider myself mostly an atheist, so I don’t really celebrate any religious holidays. I do exchange gifts with family and friends who celebrate Christmas though, because it makes them happy, and I enjoy it too. When I converted to Judaism I married an Israeli man for whom Hanukkah was completely different than it’s celebrated in the US; it is not typically a gift-giving holiday, nor is it a very important holiday for Jews, it just became that way since it sometimes falls very close to Christmas. Anyway, all this is to say that growing up, Christmas was cool (Thanksgiving was always my favorite “holiday”) and I enjoy giving and receiving gifts, but the gift-giving is significantly less important now than it was then. Leo and I don’t really exchange “gifts” at all, and that’s okay with me.
- I can’t say 🙂
- Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t think I’m particularly good at gift-giving…growing up, my parents always asked us what we wanted and that’s what we got. And that’s still the way I view gifting; in a very practical way LOL. I do like to pick up little things for people here and there that I think they’ll appreciate. And I always enjoy baking cookies, etc. and giving them to people.
- Oh man…probably the trip Leo and I took to Rome for my 39th birthday 🙂
- I don’t want to receive anything really, or expect anything, but my parents always want to give me something. So my mom bought me the Clyde culottes by Elizabeth Suzann. I’m very excited about them, but I’m afraid they won’t fit now…I can tell already that I’m losing weight after a week on a liquid diet and can only imagine how my body will change after a month. I do always love Amazon gift cards…