Rachel sent me an email yesterday asking for help finding a slouchy brown bag. She didn’t specify a price-range, if it should be leather, or really anything, except that she’d like it to fit over her shoulder easily. Here are some that I found that I consider to be “slouchy” (non-structured, no sharp lines…) and since Rachel didn’t give me a price range, I tried to stick to under $500:
1. Zara trf faux leather bucket bag | $39 at Zara
2. Coach legacy tasseled leather bag | $348 at Nordstrom (I would recommend trying to find a vintage version of this on ebay or at a thrift store…)
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs classic Q Hiller | $428 at Net-a-Porter
4. Baggu tote | $240 at Need Supply co.
5. Juicy Couture frankie hobo | $298 at Shopbop
6. Clare Vivier messenger bag | $363 at Shopbop
7. Tory Burch violet flat hobo | $395 at Tory Burch
8. Jerome Dreyfuss Alain hobo | on sale for $498 at SSENSE
9. Jas MB sling hobo | $249 at Barney’s (I have this bag and think it’s amazing. SUPER-slouchy, but really easy to carry and keep organized. It’s great for traveling)
Honorable mentions not pictured above for various reasons:
Jerome Dreyfuss pat printed caryall | $380 at bird (this one is a brown pattern, but it is STUNNING, and something I’d carry all the time as a handbag, travel tote, whatever)
Shannon South Rayen purse | $330 (made to order in whatever color you want)
Gerard Darel santa fe suede shoulder bag | $513 at Forzieri (this one was over the $500 limit I imposed, but it’s gorgeous – a nice, slouchy saddle bag) – I also recommend Gerard Darel’s St. Germain 36 hour tote. I have this in black and it is very slouchy, but not as easy to carry by shoulder.
Tory Burch pyramid stud hobo | $550 at Shopbop (also above the $500 limit, but I love the studs)
Do you have any favorite slouchy brown bags you’d like to suggest??
minkoff nikki hobo!
Thanks so much for your help Grechen! Great suggestions, especially considering I didn’t provide much direction (sorry about that). I absolutely love the Baggu leather tote and the Jerome Dreyfuss Pat Printed Carry-All Bag. They are absolutely beautiful and what I was looking for! Thank you!
I’m with Leigh on the Rebecca Minkoff hobo as an option.
But my favorite picks would have to be the Hayden-Harnett Havana Hobo (mine is chocolate brown from years ago, still looks brand-new!), or any of the Linea Pelle Dylan Medium Tote bags (bonus points for being slouchy, awesome as a shoulder bag and able to switch to cross-body instantly).
good choices!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE that jerome dreyfuss bag. i have to figure out a way to get it 😉
let me know what you end up with, and how you like it!
i wish i still had one of my HH hobos (i sold both of them), i really liked their functionality. for some reason i was convinced i’d never wear a gray bag, so i sold it. i don’t know what is wrong with me…
i agree with you on those…however, they’re all above my self-imposed $500 cut-off 😉 maybe not the nikki hobo…