ENTER TO WIN one of these items:
Hey Murphy Necklace & Earrings from Aro | $180
James Perse casual tee | $50
Janessa Leone handmade wool Isis hat from Azalea | $150
Admonish Handmade Leather clutch | $195
Emerson Fry unisex Ryan tee in Storm Cloud linen | $128
Everlane u-neck tee | $15
Lizzie Fortunato pouch from Hampden Clothing | $155
Zady organic cotton t-shirt | $36 – pre-order yours now!!
Happy Monday! I am BEYOND excited to finally share with you something I’ve been working on for a while for this Earth Week – a Conscious Closet Challenge:
I challenge whoever will accept (including myself!) to take this week to really be conscious of where our clothing is made, what it is made from, who the designers/companies are who make our clothes, and whether we really need the things we have already, or wish to add to, our closets.
As a little incentive for you to do this, and report back here with what you’ve learned about your closets and how you might be more conscious about your wardrobe, I’ve partnered with some of my favorite brands and designers who have donated 8 made-in-the-US items to 8 different winners who participate in the Conscious Closet Challenge. Nice, right??
All this week, I’ll write more about each of these companies and designers, including why made in the US is important, feature more made in the US items and some of the challenges of conscious shopping and sustainable fashion.
Ultimately, this challenge is meant to encourage all of us to just be more aware – more conscious – of where the things we buy come from, who makes them, and why we bought them. How do the items in our closets speak to us? What do they mean? Why are they there?
Of course, made in the US isn’t the only way to have a more conscious closet, although I do think it can be an important part of creating a more meaningful, environmentally conscious wardrobe. Knowledge is power, but I wonder how many of us REALLY know where our clothing comes from and the conditions in which is it produced. Do you? I don’t know enough.
Whether you think you do, or you don’t, I challenge you to pay attention this week – read the labels inside your clothes, do a little research on the companies you buy from, the types of materials they use, and determine if you are putting your money where your mouth is.
Do your clothing/accessory choices reflect your ethics and beliefs about the environment (your personal environment included – if you’re trying to minimize), sustainability, and working conditions around the world? Do they reflect your personality and add meaning to your life?
That is the ultimate challenge: what do your clothes say about you? are they a reflection of what you believe to be right and just? How can you change that? What can you do differently? I think we can all start by simply being more conscious of what’s in our closets.
Now. Are you ready for the Conscious Closet Challenge?? Here’s how to participate:
- Leave your email address in the form below. This is required to enter the giveaway. By leaving your email address you are agreeing that Grechen’s Closet may or may not share it with companies who donated products for the purposes of direct marketing. Grechen’s Closet will NOT add your name to an internal mailing list or share it with any company other than those mentioned above as donating items for the giveaway. This is required.
- Tweet, Instagram and/or Facebook (using the hashtag #consciousclosetchallenge – I know!! it’s long…) your own personal closet challenge for the week – whatever that may be. Also, include the URL of this post if you’re posting on Facebook. THIS IS A BONUS ENTRY.
- Share your conscious closet challenge journey on your blog, then leave a comment here with a link to your post. THIS IS A BONUS ENTRY.
- All week I’ll be including bonus entry opportunities in blog posts or on social media. Make sure you stop by everyday and follow me on social media (Instagram | Twitter | Facebook) for all the details!!
- On Monday, April 27th, I’ll post about my own conscious closet challenge journey here on Grechen’s Closet. To finish your giveaway entry, you must leave a comment with at least one thing you learned, or discovered about your closet during this challenge, and/or how you will create a more conscious closet going forward. This is required – not a bonus entry. *updated* here’s the post!!
- I will select 8 winners randomly from all the entries received on Tuesday, April 28th. Prizes will be shipped directly from the company/designer donating the item. If you have NOT left your email in the form but completed all the other entries, you WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE to win. You MUST first leave your email, then complete the other entries, including leaving a comment on the final post to be eligible to win. This is a challenge 🙂
**all or most designers/companies will ship internationally!!
Go! Who’s with me???